Sunday 22 December 2013

Christmas Treat (for me at least!!)

Everyone likes to indulge themselves at Christmas. Time is spent with families and friends so people like to treat themselves to good food, good wine and good company.

I am no exception to the indulgence rule and I have lined myself up with a little treat. I have decided to go for two different sparkling wines to celebrate Christmas so I thought I would compare them!!

First up is Laurent Perrier's 2004 vintage Champagne. LP traditionally produces a light, fruit driven non-vintage style, so I thought I would give their vintage wine a road test. I have been lucky enough to sample a few 2004 Champagnes and I have been very impressed across the board with the richness and elegance of the vintage. Let's hope that LP 2004 is no different!!

I have chosen a crafty rival in the form of Nyetimber's 2003 Blanc de Blancs English sparkling wine. This is a sparkling wine made using the traditional (Champagne) method from 100% Chardonnay grapes. The last time I tried this wine I was won over by the wine's full body and toasty character. Many English sparkling wines that I have tried have been a little light and flimsy for my taste but Nyetimber has certainly delivered.

This is a real England vs France and it will be great to compare two different vintage styles and see how they fare against each other. You will have to wait until after Christmas for the results and full tasting notes and you can see which one I declare the winner!!

Tweet your predictions to @roberthaynes88 using #bubblebattle

No comments:

Post a Comment